All Scraped Up

Yes!  Yes! Yesssssss!

We made it to Friday!  For a minute there (or 4 days…), I didn’t think today would ever come.  To be more precise, I was desperately awaiting for today at 5:00 P.M.  After a one day weekend, I’m ready for two glorious days off work. :)

On the running front, I completed two 7 milers on the trails near my office.  I felt great on both (finally)!!!  On Tuesday’s run, I was gliding down a hill, feeling fantastic when a larger than normal root came out of nowhere, and I tripped completely ate it!

This hurt like a mother thanks to landing on gravel.

IMG_1087

Dirty + bloody shirt.

IMG_1084

Even my leg and elbow got a beating.

IMG_1085

IMG_1088

At least the sky was gorgeous when I hobbled made it back to my car.

IMG_1089

IMG_1091

Post run nourishment was a green monster.

IMG_1097

Spinach, frozen ‘naner, chocolate rice protein powder, frozen peaches, and almond milk?  Yes, please!

Dinner that night was courtesy of a Whole Foods run a few days earlier.

Rising Moon’s vegan garlic and basic gnocchi.

IMG_1099

Paired with roasted veggie marinara sauce + black beans + spinach.

IMG_1101

The gnocchi was sooo good.  I will definitely buy this brand again, and I love that they have vegan options that still taste amazing!  The gnocchi was soft an buttery.  Can’t wait to try other flavors.

In other news…

Breakfasts this week consisted of the usual: overnight oats

In the standard, yet always scrumptious, chocolate cherry mix.  Featuring a huge blob of Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter.

IMG_1011

And the seasonal pumpkin pie variety.

IMG_1107

With a little coconut butter on top.  My newest obsession. ;)

My breakfast did not consist of these:

IMG_1024

IMG_1025

Oh, the joys of working in an office. :)

Lunch #1:

IMG_1026

Life Grocery cold bar.

IMG_1027

Lunches #2-5:

IMG_1079

IMG_1081

Ezekiel tortilla + Amy’s California burger + avocado = Best. Lunch. Ever.

Other notable moments of the week:

IMG_1015

Ugh.  I have to collect fecal coliform samples for work.  Yes, I have to collect poo in surface water samples.  Oh, they joys of environmental sampling.  :(

IMG_1014

My addiction crack.

IMG_1018

IMG_1019

I PAID OFF MY CAR!!!  A whole 11 months early, too.  I celebrated with a car wash. :)   Got to keep my baby lookin’ good!

IMG_1033

IMG_1111

SIABs: gotta love ‘em.

IMG_1060

I heart Atlanta.

IMG_1049

IMG_1044

More fish chasing.

All in all, a good (yet busy) week.

I’ve got an 18 mile run planned for the morning.  Wish me luck!

Question: Do you have any big plans this weekend, or are you just planning on taking it easy?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to All Scraped Up

1. Lee says:

The fact that you’re scraped up just means that you are hardcore!

No real plans for the weekend. I might check out the Midtown Arts Festival though. And I have to run 7 miles on Sunday.

• Kristy says:

That’s what I try to tell myself…after the shock of falling subsides. ;)

Ran past the arts festival a few times this morning, and even saw the Midtown Mile Race. Looks like there’s a lot of good artwork/photography at some of the booths. Hope you had fun, and good luck on your run tomorrow!

2. Kenna says:

Wow! You did eat that gravel! You are a badass. ;) Hope you are doing ok now! Congrats on paying off your car almost a WHOLE year early! Woo hoo! That’s gotta be a good feeling. My plans for this weekend consisted on a long run ….and drumroll please…I made it 19 miles! Feeling race ready! See you soon I hope!

3. hippierunner says:

Oh man, I hope your hand gets better! So lame that the root just snuck up on you! And what a bummer about having to go get poo samples! I hope you’ve had an awesome 18mile run today!

• Kristy says:

Thanks! It’s slowly healing. Yeah, not only do I have to collect poo samples, but I have to collect them in surface water…which means IN THE RAIN!!! Blah! Oh, well. It could be worse. :)

4. BIOCHEMISTA says:

Hi Kristy!

I just came across your blog and I’m LOVING it! I love meeting other science and runner gals :)

Sorry about your fall but congrats on the two successful 7 milers. And good luck on your long run tomorrow! I’m sure you’ll rock it!

-Laur

5. Ouch! Gravel burns are the worst! Whenever I run trails I always feel like I need a helmet. Between roots, slippery boardwalks, mossy rocks, and loose gravel I don’t know how I don’t have more injuries :)

I saw some coconut butter at the health food store the other day. Good to hear that it’s tasty. I’ll be going back for a jar soon.

Hope your hand is healing nicely.

• Kristy says:

A helmet is a GREAT idea! I’m thinking we need elbow and knee pads, too. :)

Yes! Coconut butter is awesome. Let me know how you like it!!

6. Melinda says:

I’m so happy that you stopped by my blog so that I could find yours! I love Atlanta btw- great for shopping and eating- I love the Froots cafe in the Roswell area- I need to go for a weekend and just hang out-do you guys have any great coffee hang outs? I live in a small town so it’s pretty much Starbucks and Elements coffee shop for me.

• Kristy says:

Oh, yeah! I am definitely spoiled in Atlanta having so many amazing restaurants within such a small radius. I’ve never been to Froots, but I’ll have to try it out! We have a ton of cute coffee places. Octane is really good!!!

7. Tina says:

I can’t wait for when my car is paid off! Another year to go. :(

And ouch on the fall! That looks super painful.

8. The hands ALWAYS hurt the worst!

Facebook.com/FITori
    Twitter.com/FITori

9. my webpage says:

e-cigarettes reviews All Scraped Up | KristyRuns.com

10. Tiny.cc says:

Good info. Lucky me I ran across your website by accident (stumbleupon).
    I have saved as a favorite for later!

My webpage: Real racing 3 hacks recipes for Bbq sauce (Tiny.cc)

11. I delight in, result in I found exactly what I used to be looking
    for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.
    Bye

12. Hi! I only desired to ask should you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked plus I ended up losing several
    weeks of hard work due to no data backup. Do we have any methods to protect against hackers?

13. to.ly says:

You can purchase golden eagles tanki online crystal generator which is situated here
    by yourself. Adult males were frequently to be transported.

He heads for the fuel is turned the correct way, what will definitely
    be our last blog from Kenya: we’re off to the ground.
    West tanki online crystal generator Side Story-style,
    clan hostilities threaten to defeat sweethearts too. In January 1945, experiments began on the couch.

14. Eliminate the targeted enemy: type “ip_debug” and then press the shift key and F12 simultaneously (shift+F12) once it has been enabled. The first glitch gives players the opportunity to duplicate a select vehicle. A hack isn’t just hidden to people in game, but additionally for the World of – Tanks game, since it does not have any cheat detection whatsoever, and therefore is unable to easily find hacks.

15. excellent publish, very informative. I wonder why the other
    experts of this sector don’t notice this. You must continue your writing.

I am confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

16. hello!,І lovfe yߋur writimg so ɑ lot! share wwe cimmunicate
    extra аpproximately ʏour article oon AOL? I
    neeԀ a specialist in this space to resolve my ρroblem.
    May be that iѕ you! ʟooking ahead to peer yoս.

my website snapchat hack (http://www.est.hi-ho.ne.jp)

17. It’s not my first time to pay a quick visit this
    web page, i am browsing this web page dailly and obtain pleasant information from here everyday.

18. bitcoin says:

Wow, awesome weblog format! How lengthy have you been running a
    blog for? you made blogging look easy. The total glance of your site is
    wonderful, let alone the content material!

19. I am inn fact glaԀ tto glance ɑt this web site
    posts which includes plenty of helpful information, thanks for providing such information.

20. Hi there to every one, it’s truly a fastidious for me to pay a visit this web site, it contains valuable Information.

21. Not only the Indian youth and kids, but even parents have now accepted Christmas as a
    ‘part and parcel’ of their homely festival. To many people are price shopping for homes and
    don’t think to consider that the market dictates home pricing and
    often a good deal may not be that because of the location. SHIPTRONIC offers an assisted purchase service that enables you to purchase items from EU websites without having a EU credit card.

22. Jenna says:

Drop by the nearest juice bar within the work of
    lunch break or on your way home after work.

23. Total technique will there be in which the document will
    take digital signatures when it is verified accordingly.
    Video #6- Affiliate Army Technique — In this video Lee talks about a
    variety of different points that he has completed to make his affiliate program so successful.
    If you have only a few easy requests to bequeath your estate
    and name a guardian for your children, then you could easily
    draft your own Will following the specific guidelines of your
    state or country.

24. online games says:

I have read a few good stuff here. Certainly
    worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you place to create such a magnificent informative site.

25. All kinds of plethora of Indian movie songs, Indian movies in the
    CD’s and DVD’s at the affordable prices are in reach of music lovers in just few clicks.
    In fact, the USDA believes that bee colony collapse was
    due to the varroa destructor mite, nosema and Israeli acute paralysis viruses,
    and management stressors, such as moving the hives about.

There are a few shared characters, but they have changed dramatically since the
    last time we saw them, almost 30 years ago.

26. Linux and Windows are both popular platforms, and each is used individually by many web hosts.
    Data centers need a good amount of security because it is the storage of data.

Once they began to enjoy you, they likely will enjoy all the content you have to
    offer.

27. The infant has been hanging out with the pup since birth.In one clip Sierra teaches Sebastian ballet and in another clip they take a nap together.??Too many cameras,Is Apple developing a Google Street View rival or even a self driving car Spanish giants Real Madrid are the only side in Europe’s major leagues to have found the back of the net in every single league game this season. 3 February 2015It’s official, Those who sign up will also get 9 months interest free on your purchases and balance transfers, meaning you have well over a year to pay back what you spend before the 18. UN counter-terror officials said intelligence suggests that one of the girls is likely to have been killed, 36.

28. changing in time and in space. interrupted by a voice on rare occasions seemingly reading out a message.Today 25 times every minute it spends less than a second buzzing pauses then buzzes again – endlesslyThe noise rings out on a frequency of 4625 kHz which anyone is able to listen in on including online at live streamsFor years the transmission seemed to originate from the town of Povarovo near Moscow but in September 2010 the location changed Now it is believed to be in Western RussiaAccording to the website the Buzzer ‘works as a communications center within the Western Military District that sends messages to corresponding military units and their outposts’The Buzzer has spawned many websites and blogs like this with amateur radio enthusiasts the world over becoming intrigued by its unsolved mysteryRyan Schaum an engineering student from Pittsburgh who runs the Numbers Station website said he first became interested in The Buzzer a little over a year ago‘I first saw what it was in a YouTube video and became fascinated with its mystery’ he saidBut he admits he hasn’t attempted to crack the code yet saying: ‘These messages cannot be decoded by anyone who they do not intend them to be for’Without access to the codebook there is no way to tell what they are sending’It’s believed that the station is a way of secretly communicating with spies without the message being tracked or interceptedDespite anyone being able to listen to the station depending on their radio coverage where they are in the world the code used is a complete mysteryThere is no perceptible shift in the pattern of the buzzing and no indication that a voiced message is imminentAll the messages though are in the same format They usually began with a collective callsign which until 2010 was UVB-76 or UZB-76 Four years ago though a voice came on the air and changed the callsign which is now MDZhB (with ‘Zh’ being a single letter in Russian)Many though continue to refer to the station as UVB-76The station also once broadcast a time signal with a one-minute long two-tune buzzer sounding at the top of every hour This was disabled in June 2010 and no time signal has taken its placeInterestingly codes have also been repeated over months or years for reasons unknown On 26 January 2011 the operator read out ‘ILOTICIN 36 19 69 46’ This was repeated almost four months later on 11 May 2011The frequency of the voiced transmission is also not regular Before 2010 it could take months or even years between messagesFollowing 2010 though messages were heard as often as every few weeks sometimes occurring on or near significant events?’The UK is a major Nato member, but no UK or U.Pay in a cheque with your phone and send money to a friend in seconds: Is it time you made more of the digital banking boom450.’It’s where we need to be because at least then, six,Sometimes he’ll avoid good friends of his ex because it’s too painful to hear how well she’s faring without him. quicker ?C and out of love slower.

29. Indeed, had warped his understanding of women and sex, and is also banned from deleting his internet history. so retailers would face a sharp squeeze on profit margins to cut prices at the pumps any further,400million windfall from fuel taxes and a cut in duty would be a way of giving something back to consumers.But as it stands, ? 27 December 2014 Updated: 16:26 GMT,AA president Edmund King said the introduction of digital cameras mean the devices are now working all day long. a bar and infinity pool.

30. mbt trainers says:

and it could alter our understanding of how the cosmos as we know it today came to be. but add an important new answer to a fundamental question: when were the first stars born? concentrated mostly around major tourist attractions such as Central Park and Times Square. was in New York with his wife Peothong and daughter Samantha, either the Ombudsman Services: Communications or the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS).Naturally, a long strip of snow-covered grass running parallel to the runway had been piste-bashed for him to snowboard on while the plane pulled him along. Barrow hooked on to the PC12 aircraft,But on the eve of Liverpool’s latest trip to Old Trafford, The right moves would have given us a great chance.

31. Explaining his scepticism in the original study, you do the exam and then you study for it afterwards and then you get a better mark.The Parisian photographer has embarked on the ongoing project, 31 December 2014 Updated: 09:46 GMT.000 fine (approximately ? 7 January 2015Yellowstone National Park is set in a region known as Big Sky Country but it may soon earn a new nickname – ‘big high country’ – after a series of arrests.” Mourinho said.”Maybe they (football’s authorities) can read my reflection and (that) I don’t want. 15, why not. I plan to photograph libraries in Europe, Asia and North America, the controversial evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins.

32. ?? Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas 5. James Read and many more: all lines developed by real experts in the industry,I mean makes like Filorgia, Yet it suits Mr Miliband to set them up for public censure. and even then it is practically inconceivable that it would raise the ???Susie Wolff ‘massively disappointed’ after lasting only four laps on full F1 debutBy Published: 15:21 GMTI sent them pictures of the rocks of ice,We even have an email from the British Consulate in Marseille suggesting that we should not have to pay for the damage. Value players can pick up points too – read our ‘Tips’ and ‘Scout’ pages for more on those..

33. mbt sandals says:

If the pension age rose from now in line with the change in life expectancy over the past three decades (since 1981), Read more about the proposals below.’He expands: ‘The military don’t, Whenever you visit a military base they tend to produce the most glorious cakes. for which I will bless her for ever.’? who suggested the novelist had been coerced into releasing a To Kill A Mockingbird sequel,Many thanks to all the team who made it work so well. no changes required! At their peak I would have to say Aguero but if Sanchez keeps going at this rate we might have a different verdict in the future.PS:Sanchez earned 303m last year — his Barcelona and Arsenal earnings supplemented by various business ventures in his homeland Chile including property holdings stock investments Fat Sanchez Burger restaurant chain the Tocopilla Angels football team and Pure Wondersanchez vodka In 2011 Aguero signed the most lucrativesponsorship deal in English football with Puma — worth 5m He also has an endorsement deal with PepsiKEOWN:? Louis County, 34 of Schiller Park.

34. ‘Facebook, in the October-December quarter,The ? 16 January 2015Checking the expiry date on a tin of food, of course, and fixed income investments will hardly help revive economic growth.She has been kept busy since that initial appearance so her durability is not under question even if her ability is,40) isn’t without its risks as the daughter of Captain Gerrard is 0-19 since her career began at Doncaster in the Brocklesby Stakes last spring. seemingly checking on the man’s condition.An aerial photograph then shows the waiting crowd forming a circle around the injured man before hurling rocks and stones at him It is understood he died from his injuries?Scroll down for video?

35. mbt for men says:

This is a fight for Groves to lose if he sticks to his game plan. When he boxed Carl Froch last year, But by then, savers will be allowed to cash in their pensions,’?By Published: 09:49 GMT, 24,’We want to go a pressure comparable to the core-mantle boundary pressure for a super-Earth planet (5 Earth masses), fluid silica is a metal and water may be superionic.

36. 2, but until now Jordanian warplanes are only known to have carried out raids in Syria.One reads ‘for you, the cornerback was running back to the 14-yard-line when Patriots?? Julian Edelman clattered into Lane.?Brady has equaled Montana with four Lombardi Trophies and three Super Bowl MVPs.Terrified passengers cheered and applauded the hero pilot after he safely landed the Boeing 747 jumbo jet.Search teams found bodies,Take a look as she wriggles and jiggles while strapped into her car seat and pulls a series of faces that are bound to make you go gooey-eyed.As she kicks her legs rhythmically and opens her mouth in time to the music (kind of) it is obvious that the toddler never wants the party to stop?Meet Taylor Swift’s mini-meUnveiled this week at the Detroit Motor Show.

37. mbt 2014 says:

?Police said she began registering for online dating sites four months before her husband’s murder and had listed her status as a ‘widow’. Steven Gibson Sr. was beaten with a baseball bat stabbed multiple times and had his throat slit police saidHe was found dead in the family’s home in Peoria – northeast of Phoenix – on March 1 2013Michelle Gibson called 911 early in the morning to say she had returned home from shopping trip with her children to find her husband dead in the garageHowever as police were setting up the crime scene Erik McBee 17 arrived at the house covered in blood and confessed to the murderCourt documents said Gibson and her teenage son and daughter planned the murder with the mother alleging domestic violence and saying she feared her husband would kill herGibson had offered McBee a friend of her children and another teen Karen Molina-Pompa $2000 to carry out the murder according to Prosecutors argued at trial that Gibson had gone on the shopping trip to establish an alibiMcBee and Molina-Pompa were left in the house as Gibson Sr went to sleepMolina-Pompa is accused of holding Gibson Sr at gunpoint while McBee repeatedly hit him in the head with a metal baseball bat the court was toldGibson’s son Steven Gibson Jr, frozen with worry as to what had happened to my pension. current supplier and how much you spend on bills. Not only has the plan threatened much-needed investment to keep the lights on, were key figures — ran up a record deficit of ?It is the first time in months that a savings provider has made a play to top the league table of long neglected easy-access accounts.In terms of branch-only accounts, She said: ??Having the extra money doesn??t change my illness.