All Scraped Up

Yes!  Yes! Yesssssss!

We made it to Friday!  For a minute there (or 4 days…), I didn’t think today would ever come.  To be more precise, I was desperately awaiting for today at 5:00 P.M.  After a one day weekend, I’m ready for two glorious days off work. :)

On the running front, I completed two 7 milers on the trails near my office.  I felt great on both (finally)!!!  On Tuesday’s run, I was gliding down a hill, feeling fantastic when a larger than normal root came out of nowhere, and I tripped completely ate it!

This hurt like a mother thanks to landing on gravel.

IMG_1087

Dirty + bloody shirt.

IMG_1084

Even my leg and elbow got a beating.

IMG_1085

IMG_1088

At least the sky was gorgeous when I hobbled made it back to my car.

IMG_1089

IMG_1091

Post run nourishment was a green monster.

IMG_1097

Spinach, frozen ‘naner, chocolate rice protein powder, frozen peaches, and almond milk?  Yes, please!

Dinner that night was courtesy of a Whole Foods run a few days earlier.

Rising Moon’s vegan garlic and basic gnocchi.

IMG_1099

Paired with roasted veggie marinara sauce + black beans + spinach.

IMG_1101

The gnocchi was sooo good.  I will definitely buy this brand again, and I love that they have vegan options that still taste amazing!  The gnocchi was soft an buttery.  Can’t wait to try other flavors.

In other news…

Breakfasts this week consisted of the usual: overnight oats

In the standard, yet always scrumptious, chocolate cherry mix.  Featuring a huge blob of Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter.

IMG_1011

And the seasonal pumpkin pie variety.

IMG_1107

With a little coconut butter on top.  My newest obsession. ;)

My breakfast did not consist of these:

IMG_1024

IMG_1025

Oh, the joys of working in an office. :)

Lunch #1:

IMG_1026

Life Grocery cold bar.

IMG_1027

Lunches #2-5:

IMG_1079

IMG_1081

Ezekiel tortilla + Amy’s California burger + avocado = Best. Lunch. Ever.

Other notable moments of the week:

IMG_1015

Ugh.  I have to collect fecal coliform samples for work.  Yes, I have to collect poo in surface water samples.  Oh, they joys of environmental sampling.  :(

IMG_1014

My addiction crack.

IMG_1018

IMG_1019

I PAID OFF MY CAR!!!  A whole 11 months early, too.  I celebrated with a car wash. :)   Got to keep my baby lookin’ good!

IMG_1033

IMG_1111

SIABs: gotta love ‘em.

IMG_1060

I heart Atlanta.

IMG_1049

IMG_1044

More fish chasing.

All in all, a good (yet busy) week.

I’ve got an 18 mile run planned for the morning.  Wish me luck!

Question: Do you have any big plans this weekend, or are you just planning on taking it easy?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to All Scraped Up

1. Lee says:

The fact that you’re scraped up just means that you are hardcore!

No real plans for the weekend. I might check out the Midtown Arts Festival though. And I have to run 7 miles on Sunday.

• Kristy says:

That’s what I try to tell myself…after the shock of falling subsides. ;)

Ran past the arts festival a few times this morning, and even saw the Midtown Mile Race. Looks like there’s a lot of good artwork/photography at some of the booths. Hope you had fun, and good luck on your run tomorrow!

2. Kenna says:

Wow! You did eat that gravel! You are a badass. ;) Hope you are doing ok now! Congrats on paying off your car almost a WHOLE year early! Woo hoo! That’s gotta be a good feeling. My plans for this weekend consisted on a long run ….and drumroll please…I made it 19 miles! Feeling race ready! See you soon I hope!

3. hippierunner says:

Oh man, I hope your hand gets better! So lame that the root just snuck up on you! And what a bummer about having to go get poo samples! I hope you’ve had an awesome 18mile run today!

• Kristy says:

Thanks! It’s slowly healing. Yeah, not only do I have to collect poo samples, but I have to collect them in surface water…which means IN THE RAIN!!! Blah! Oh, well. It could be worse. :)

4. BIOCHEMISTA says:

Hi Kristy!

I just came across your blog and I’m LOVING it! I love meeting other science and runner gals :)

Sorry about your fall but congrats on the two successful 7 milers. And good luck on your long run tomorrow! I’m sure you’ll rock it!

-Laur

5. Ouch! Gravel burns are the worst! Whenever I run trails I always feel like I need a helmet. Between roots, slippery boardwalks, mossy rocks, and loose gravel I don’t know how I don’t have more injuries :)

I saw some coconut butter at the health food store the other day. Good to hear that it’s tasty. I’ll be going back for a jar soon.

Hope your hand is healing nicely.

• Kristy says:

A helmet is a GREAT idea! I’m thinking we need elbow and knee pads, too. :)

Yes! Coconut butter is awesome. Let me know how you like it!!

6. Melinda says:

I’m so happy that you stopped by my blog so that I could find yours! I love Atlanta btw- great for shopping and eating- I love the Froots cafe in the Roswell area- I need to go for a weekend and just hang out-do you guys have any great coffee hang outs? I live in a small town so it’s pretty much Starbucks and Elements coffee shop for me.

• Kristy says:

Oh, yeah! I am definitely spoiled in Atlanta having so many amazing restaurants within such a small radius. I’ve never been to Froots, but I’ll have to try it out! We have a ton of cute coffee places. Octane is really good!!!

7. Tina says:

I can’t wait for when my car is paid off! Another year to go. :(

And ouch on the fall! That looks super painful.

8. The hands ALWAYS hurt the worst!

Facebook.com/FITori